Sunday, January 9, 2011

Trailmakers Challenge

I loved the challenge this week at Trailmakers Blog.  It was to get creative and create your own embellishments!  Perfect for tightening the purse strings after Christmas.  For this challenge I created pleated flowers using coordinating paper from Basic Grey's Green at Heart line.  Plus, another penny pinching piece on my layout is using poor photos.  I printed these pictures and once printed, I realized I was out of several colors of ink-and they printed with a pink tint, then the pink ink ran out and faded into yellow.  Instead of throwing them away, I used them on this page.  I think they worked with the silly theme of the layout. 

Have a look...


6 comments:

Krystle said...

I love what you did with this line and your handmade flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Trail Makers!

Sandi said...

Look at S! She is so silly! Love it all! Look at all your sewing! Your flowers are fab! Thanks for playing along at Trail Makers!!!

Karen said...

This page is awesome -even with the printer ink problems!! I think it really works!! Great job on those flowers too! Thanks for sharing with us here at TrailMakers!

Yara said...

Love your page! It is gorgeous! Great color combinations! Love your flower too!

SavannaLea said...

What a great layout!!! I love doing pleated flowers!!! Thanks for joining us at TrailMakers!!!

Sandy Ang said...

Congrats on your new DT! And such a wonderful LO.